One of the most common questions we get here at Gizmo’s Freeware is “What freeware programs do I really need?”
So here are our suggestions for the free programs you should consider installing on your Windows PC. And to make things easy for you we have not only listed the programs you need but provided full download and installation instructions, all contained in a free, downloadable, 44 page PDF report.
This report is provided free as a service to our readers and contains no advertising. No registration is required or any data collected. It is what it is: a genuine freebie with no strings attached.
What's in the report:
- Our selection of the nine best freeware programs for average users (see list)
- What these programs do and why you need them
- Full download instructions for each product
- Full installation and usage guidelines including dozens of screen shots
- How you can get free support for these products
The products have been chosen because they are useful, work well and you don’t have to be an expert to use them. For expert users we’d probably change some of our recommendations but these suggestions will hit the sweet spot between power and ease-of-use for most people.
All these programs are from reputable companies and are free of viruses, trojans and other nasties
How to get the free report
1. Clicking your right mouse button on the following link and then select “Save as..”
If you encounter problems saving the PDF file try clicking the following link which is the same PDF report enclosed in a ZIP file.
2. Once you have downloaded the PDF file, locate where you saved it on your computer and then double click to open the report.
The report is in Adobe PDF format so to read it you need a PDF reader. Most people already have a PDF reader installed on their PC but if you don't you can download the standard Adobe Acrobat Reader from here or the smaller and in some ways superior, PDF-Xchange viewer from here. Both are free.
Please rate this article: